The latest edition of Robert's Rules of Order shall govern Decorum and Debate.
Dues, Rights, Privileges
1. The membership year for the Association shall run from July 1 through June 30.
2. Dues shall be $25.00 per membership. Additional fees may be charged each participant, as necessary, to provide for workshops and programs.
3. All member institutions shall be eligible to participate in resource sharing agreements and contracts organized by the Association or by groups of its constituents, subject to acceptance by the vendor, grantor, or governing body of the products, grants, or services involved.
4. Member institutions which participate in such agreements, grants, or contracts shall be expected to fulfill the financial or reporting obligations of them in a timely manner. The Association specifically disavows any liability for the financial responsibilities of member institutions.
Semi-annual meetings shall be held in fall and spring at the discretion of the Executive Board, which shall also determine the time and location of meetings. Meetings may be held at any member library.
1. Officers shall be elected biennially at the spring meeting and shall serve two-year terms.
2. The Chair shall appoint a nominating committee to select a slate of nominees for offices. This must occur no later than the fall meeting before the expiration of officers' terms. The slate of nominees must be sent to each member institution at least two weeks prior to the spring meeting before the expiration of officers' terms.
3. If an elected office is vacated during its term, the Chair shall appoint a replacement to serve until the next election.
1. These Bylaws may be amended at any meeting by a two-thirds majority vote of the member institutions present and voting.
2. Notice of pending bylaws changes must be distributed to each member institution at least two weeks prior to the meeting at which a vote to amend the Bylaws is to occur.
Ratified May 24, 1996
Amended, April 2000
Amended, April 23, 2004